Wednesday, July 12, 2023

THE WAY FORWARD

A WAY FORWARD Sometimes I think we worry too much about the things that aren't worth worrying about which is why I don't join any Parkinson's groups on Facebook now or post any of my writing simply because they are full of misinformation negativity and would make me feel worse, not better. And so I keep my writing now for the people who want to listen, but more importantly want to learn something from my experience of Parkinsonism because it's not all bad as some people on Facebook would have you believe. Every little black cloud has a silver lining so you should never think that living with Parkinson's is all bad because it's not. The fact of the matter is that it can be whatever you want it to be and if you want it to take over your life and think about it all the time then go ahead but my life has never been like that and never will be. My life is more than Parkinson's will ever be. We paint this terrible picture that to have to live with Parkinson's is so bad that their life has more or less come to an end and they cannot see a way forward. Well, why is that? The reason is that you are not thinking with your head, you are thinking with your emotions. So, give yourself time to consider what you have to do and how you are going to respond but more importantly what you will need to change in your lifestyle in order to learn to live with it. Because it is possible as I have proved. Living with Parkinson's is not the end, it's the start of a new beginning, so get used to the idea and find a way forward, and don't look back. Be proactive and make it happen because you are your own universe. Robert James Keene July 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

STUMBLE AND FALL You have to see what Parkinson's can do to a fellow human being to believe it. It can be very cruel at times if you don...