Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I wake up in the morning I take my medication and I write. And that's about it. I document my life. And I try to navigate a route through my Parkinson's day and try and make some sense of my diminishing life, and get something out of it because if I don't then it's gone and I will have nothing to show for it. And, so I keep writing and I keep working at the things I am still able to do as my body keeps losing those oh-so-precious dopamine cells. But I don't worry about that because I have more important things to do and think about like eating and breathing, thinking because you take all the basic functions for granted like your lungs working and being able to swallow food or smile but you soon come to realize that Mister Parkinson's doesn't just affect basic parts of your body because it spreads to the rest of your functionality until nothing comes automatic and everything has to be a manual thought and that's when Mister Parkinson starts to slowly but surely wear you down because it becomes tiring not just to your body but to your mind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STUMBLE AND FALL You have to see what Parkinson's can do to a fellow human being to believe it. It can be very cruel at times if you don...