Saturday, May 27, 2023

INVINCIBLE The one thing I can't hide from the world when I'm on a bowling green is the fact that I have Parkinson's disease because it's there for everyone to see. It can be frustrating at times, it can be very difficult to live with but the fact of the matter is that I have no choice, and so I have to try and live with it the best way I can. This is what I have had to do from a very early age when my life smashed into a brick wall at terminal velocity speed and I thought I wasn't going to recover. My life had disintegrated into little pieces and I was desperately trying to stick them together and make sense of it all. I can remember the night when I sat in a dark room and I sobbed my heart out because I felt forsaken, overlooked, and all alone with these dark thoughts in a very dark place. 1977. And, I had to make a big decision. Was I going to stay where I was? Or was I going to try and move forward and take the risk of losing my way? Well, even in the pitch dark if you look hard enough and you keep trying to move forward you will find a way because somehow I found a flame in the middle of the darkness and I found the light. I found inner strength through my outer weakness and I felt invincible because I had built a mental shield for myself that could withstand anything. But, you have to commit and trust in your own abilities because that is what my shield is built on, and long may it last because my strong foundations of inner strength and belief have been impervious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STUMBLE AND FALL You have to see what Parkinson's can do to a fellow human being to believe it. It can be very cruel at times if you don...